Finance minister Released SECC 2011 on 3rd July. The Big Picture of Rural India has been presented in the survey.
- In 90% of the household, the main earning member makes less than Rs. 10,000 per month.
- 50% of households are landless and equal shere of people rely on manual casual labour for the largest part of their income.
- 20% of households have any kind of motor vehicle.
- 3% of households has a family member who is a graduate.
- Every 2 of 3 owns mobile.
- 36% Rural india is illiterate.
- Only 10% of households has a member who is a salaried job.
- Average size of rural household is 4.93, highest in UP(6.26) and lowest in Andhrapradesh(3.86)
- 13% of households are female headed.26% highest in Kerala.
- Only 0.12% of rural population have been divorced.
Complete Details at http://www.secc.gov.in